Home Visiting Programs
Babies First! is a nurse home visiting program for families with babies and children up to age 5. Our goal is to help families make sure that their babies are healthy and happy as they grow and learn. Public Health Nurses make home visits to help families learn to care for their child, provide developmental screenings, and connect to community resources.
What can we do for you:
- Weigh your baby
- Help with breastfeeding
- Check to make sure your baby is learning and growing as they should
- Parenting information
- Health education and information
- Referrals and connections to services in other agencies
The CaCoon program is a nursing home visiting program that helps families with children with special health needs, such as developmental delays, cerebral palsy, and other health issues that require special medical and parenting services. We work with families from birth to the age of 21. Raising a child with special health needs can be both challenging and rewarding.
A CaCoon's public health nurse can:
- Answer questions about a child's health needs and special care
- Help find special services as close to a child's home as possible
- Help prevent problems that could be related to a child's health condition
- Support families in times of stress and crisis
- Work with primary care physician to coordinate health care and specialty services
- Help families identify specialty financial services for which their child may qualify
Early Connections is a program that connects parents with a maternal child health nurse for the first few months of a new baby's life. This is a personal nurse who will check in on you after you have delivered, often right at the hospital. The nurse will provide you with resources, education and support based of your family's strengths and needs at no cost to the family. This program is available to everyone.
The Nurse-Family Partnership program is for first-time mothers that are 28 weeks or less. New mothers will receive help from a personal nurse who will come to your home to offer advice, support, and a good laugh when you need it most throughout your pregnancy and until your baby is 2 years old. Learn more about this program.
FamilyCore is a community services network, in collaboration with Yamhill Community Care (YCCO), that connects parents with a broad support system to meet challenges head-on and to nurture strong families with children ages 0 to 5. Learn more about FamilyCore.
Please call us to get more information and find out which program is right for you and your baby. All home visiting services are provided at no cost to families.
Phone: 503-434-7525 or 503-554-7842
Phone: TTY 800-735-2900
Se habla español