Mental Health Safe Zones
Current Mental Health Safe Zones
The following organizations/businesses have fulfilled the requirements to be designated as a Mental Health Safe Zone:
- What is a Mental Health Safe Zone?
Mental Health Safe Zones are organizations and businesses that have met suicide prevention and mental health promotion standards, defined by various community partners throughout Yamhill County, and guided by nationally recognized best-practices.
- What is the purpose of Mental Health Safe Zones?
The purpose of this initiative is to help our spaces support individuals who may experience mental health bias by visibly identifying their business or organization as a space free from mental health stigma and a resource for obtaining mental health care.
- Why should my organization / business be a Mental Health Safe Zone?
The Yamhill County Mental Health Safe Zone provides an opportunity for local businesses and organizations to support and partake in suicide prevention efforts.
In exchange for a window decal, resource material, and listing as a designated Mental Health Safe Zone on the Yamhill County Public Health website, businesses and organizations in the program agree to consistently strive to eliminate mental health stigma and to support staff and community members who may be experiencing mental health crises.
- Who can qualify as a Mental Health Safe Zone?
Any organization or business in Yamhill County, has the capability of becoming a Mental Health Safe Zone. This includes:
- Civic organizations
- Faith spaces
- Healthcare facilities
- Social service agencies
Yamhill County Public Health is excited to offer a variety of resources to help you meet the requirements to become a Mental Health Safe Zone. Download the Mental Health Safe Zone packet (PDF).
Minimum requirements to become a Mental Health Safe Zone:
- Commitment to Capacity Building
- At least 20% of staff are trained in ASIST, Connect Suicide Postvention, Mental Health First Aid, or QPR
- Mental Health Promotion, Suicide Prevention and Postvention Policies
- Organization has adopted:
- Mental health and suicide prevention policy
- Including trauma informed practices
- Suicide postvention policy
- Organization has adopted:
- Referral and Resource Pipeline
- Organization has resources readily available and a resource referral pipeline available to both staff and clients
- At least one of the following
- Active participation in mental health advocacy or awareness campaigns
- Mental health crisis intervention protocol for staff or people you serve
- Workplace wellness program
- How do I get started?
- Download the Mental Health Safe Zone Packet (PDF) to identify your progress towards becoming a Mental Health Safe Zone (MHSZ).
- Once you have all the information and materials required to be a MHSZ, submit your application by filling out the form.
Missing some required materials? Check out our Application Resources!