Yamhill County Health and Human Services strives to provide a welcoming treatment environment to individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. It is our practice to address both disorders during the treatment process from the first contact with the individuals we serve.
Integrated dual primary treatment is provided where each disorder receives appropriate assessment and diagnosis-specific and stage-specific treatment. Stage-wise treatment interventions and client-expected outcomes are matched to an individual's stage of change. The following services are provided:
- Acute Stabilization: Referral to medical detoxification or safe sobering up; with initial stabilization of acute psychiatric symptoms.
- Referral to substance use disorder residential treatment services with ongoing coordination of care in support of transition back to community services and community living.
- Motivational Enhancement Services: We utilize motivational strategies and offer motivational groups. The group process facilitates discussion of substance use decisions for group members who are likely to be actively using and are not yet sure they want to make a commitment to change.
- Active Treatment: Individual and group treatment interventions are provided for substance use disorders to individuals with psychiatric disorders and disabilities with a focus on specific substance reduction or elimination skills, including participation in self-help recovery programs (particularly for those with addiction).
- Skill-building interventions are provided utilizing specific role-playing and behavioral rehearsal of basic refusal skills.
- Relapse Prevention Skills Training is offered with referral to self-help recovery programs.
- Rehabilitation and Recovery: Treatment is based on strengths and is focused on developing new skills and capacities, improved self-esteem, pride, dignity, and a sense of purpose in the context of the continued presence of both disorders.
- Early access to rehabilitation: Disabled individuals who request assistance with housing, jobs, socialization, and meaningful activity are supported in addressing these needs through the treatment process.
- Coordination and collaboration: With the individual's permission, coordination of care with families and allied providers is incorporated into the treatment process.